Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lebron James

I understand that everyone in Cleveland had their hopes of a national championship dashed again but get off of Lebrons James back. I was out of town in Kansas City, Misouri when we lost the final game to Boston. I told the people I was visiting that I was glad that I was not in Cleveland to hear all of the negative comments. I came home and people are bad mouthing Lebron James. Lebron James who in the final game had a triple double. Lebron James arguably the greatest player on the court today and people in Cleveland are going to bad mouth him.

Lebron is a decent guy. He has donated money to victims of Katrina. He has his bikathon and hands out bicycles to needy kids in Akron. As far as we know he isn't banging a bunch of whores. And he gave his word when he first was drafted by the Cavaliers that he was going to bring a championship to Cleveland. I believe him.

I think that Lebron will never leave the Cavaliers as long as he is treated decent and the upper management listens to what he wants as far as players are concerned. No other team is going to allow him to have as much input as to what goes on with the team as Cleveland does. Dan Gilbert seems like he is willing to pay his MVP player a MVP salary so why would Lebron go elsewhere. Lebron is close to his magnificent home, his kids, his mother and a town that adores him.

Or should I say a town that used to adore him. If the press and all of the callers to sports talk radio keep bashing the guy then I don't blame him if he leaves. I don't believe he will, but who can blame him with all of the negative press he is receiving lately.

Was the poor play of the whole team because of Mike Brown's lack of coaching skill, disharmony in the locker room, Lebrons bad elbow, the addition of Shaq and trying to force playing time for him? I don't have the answers. But Cleveland has been chanting "next year" for as long as I can remember so why shouldn't we be chanting it again this year. Lebron will have a championship ring on his finger. If he feels the love from Cavaliers fans he might be wearing that ring while in a Cavaliers jersey. Keep on bad mouthing the guy and he will go somewhere else. Lebron this Clevelander loves you and hopes that you stay. I know you will get us a championship next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment