Thursday, January 8, 2009

Eric Mangini

Eric Mangini is the new Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns. I wish they would have waited to talk to Mike Shanahan from Denver. I believe that Shanahan is a better coach and he has the longevity to prove he can handle the pressure of the NFL. Mangini is relatively young and possibly could implode under the pressure.

Randy Lerner is relatively young and keeps looking for guys his age or younger who will look up to him as their boss. Let me make a statement about Randy and some other wealthy people I know. Just because you are rich doesn't mean you are smart. George Bush prime example. Randy get a proven coach, quit with the young guys and the unproven.

Alright, Eric Mangini is a done deal. Did you see who Mangini is thinking about hiring for his Defensive Coordinator? ROB RYAN from the Oakland Raiders. The Oakland Raiders who were ranked 24th in pts allowed, 27th in yds allowed, 30th in passing yds and 10th in rushing yds. Sorry Eric, I don't care how much of a friend Rob is he is not working for me as a defensive coordinator. Randy if you let this happen I want you to sell the team.

Who the Cleveland Browns should be going after is Jim Schwartz from the Tennessee Titans. Eight years as the Defensive coordinator for Tennessee and we all know that year after year Tennessee has one of the best defenses in all of the NFL. Mr. Schwartz worked for the Browns before they left for Baltimore. Do you remember when the Browns were competitive? Tennessee was ranked 2nd in pts allowed, 7th in yds allowed, 9th in passing yds and 6th in rushing yds. Randy tell Eric we don't want your buddy Ryan (Pun intended), we want a proven defensive coordinator.

Dick Lebeau from Shitsburgh would be another excellent choice. He was born in Ohio and played for Ohio State. His defensive ranking in 2008 is 1st in pts allowed, 1st in yds allowed, 1st in passing yds and 2nd in rushing yds. We can't get him because Pittspuke would be a fool to let him go. Randy doesn't have enough money to get a top notch guy like Lebeau.

How about Greg Blache from Washington, he may not be a household name like Lebeau or Ryan but he has a proven track record. In 2008 he ranked 6th in Pts allowed, 4th in yds allowed, 7th in passing yds and 8th in rushing yds. I'll take those numbers over Ryan's pedigree any time. See Randy this would be an intellegent move.

Mr. Lerner this is your last chance to put a winning football team on the field in Cleveland. If you screw up this time all of us Season Ticket Holders will be screaming for you to sell the team. As I always say "If they don't produce cut them loose". I am not happy with your choice of Eric Mangini but I will cheer him on and hope he can produce a watchable football team. I see no good coming from bringing Rob Ryan to town. Get me a proven defensive coordinator. If I have time I will tell you who to get for Offensive Coordinator in a later blog. Randy remember just because your Daddy made a lot of money doesn't mean that you inherited his brains. Don't let Mangini run the show and get a pay check for all of his friends, we need winners on his staff now.

2 comments:

  1. perhaps those guys would be nice choices for def coordinator but what makes you think they are avaliable and]or that they would want to come here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schwartz is being considered for the head coaching position I believe in Detroit. Greg Blache must have a price everyone has a price. I hope a year from now someone tells me that I owe Ryan an apollogy. I just get the bad feeling that he is the Billy Carter, George W Bush You know the black sheep of the family that did not get what the rest of the family got.

    ReplyDelete