Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well here it is New Years Eve a time for reflection and remembrances.

A tough economic year for everyone. Lost jobs, losses in the stock market, home prices dropping faster than a football thrown to Braylon Edwards and good credit means nothing any more if you want to secure a loan. The tax payers bail out the banks now the banks won't lend any money to any one to keep the economy going. Credit card companies (banks) are closing accounts of people with good credit so that they can keep the bonus points (money). I thought my IRA was dying but I have heard from other people that they have lost 50% of their investment, I am not that bad.

I lost two good friends over the past year. People my age are not supposed to be dying. we are just reaching our prime where we can start enjoying ourselves. Although the three of us did enjoy ourselves an awful lot when we were young. I will always remember the good times we had. Funny how when I am doing something that Al or David did with me I can feel their spirit hanging with me. To Al and David I raise a glass of Jaegermister and I say till we meet again.

Sports in Cleveland took a hit. The Cavaliers didn't go far enough in the playoffs. The Indians looked like they should be playing T-ball. The Browns were even worse than the Indians. If the Browns were to play Detroit this week Detroit would get their first win of the season.

The war in Iraq rages on. We can't seem to find Osama Bin Laden. Children in Darfur are starving to death. The Israelis are under attack from Hamas. The world is in turmoil. Thank God 2008 has come to an end.

Now that I have you so depressed that you want to pick up a gun and shoot something, I say relax. Better times are ahead.

The old regime in the US government has been voted out. Barack Obama is the new President and hopefully he can put a tourniquet on the economy. I know it might take a couple of years to right the ship but Obama seems like he has some good people working on it. Besides the economy can't get much worse can it? Take some comfort in that if you have a job you are doing better than me.

Hey, I'm still alive. I have my health and I am going to the gym to preserve what is left of this old body the best I can. This is a time for change. I started trying to teach myself to play the piano. I started writing a blog and my honey bunny works to support me. Life is looking up. COME ON 2009 LETS KEEP ROLLING. A job would help but we can't have it all.

The Cavaliers look like this could be their year. The Indians have shored up their pitching. The Browns are starting over with a new front office and a new coach. Cleveland State Men's Basketball might even make it to the NCAA tournament. 2009 could be the year for Cleveland sports.

A new President and a new cabinet. Change is coming and I feel it is going to be for the better. Pick up your heads and help push America forward with a positive attide and a sense of pride. We used to be the best in the world and we will be the best again. As John Bellushi said "did America give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, NO!" So let's look forward at 2009 with a positive frame of mind. Grab the Bull By Horns and make a better life for yourself and those around you. Good Bye and Good Riddence to 2008 and welcome to a better life in 2009. Have a Happy New Year and Drink Responsibly.

1 comment: