Thursday, April 22, 2010

Captains Game 4/21/10

My Honey Bunny and I joined some of our friends and went to the Cleveland Captains game last night. It was an enjoyable experience. A very nice spring night if you dressed for it. The temprature started to drop towards the end of the game so you needed to add a layer of clothing to stay comftrable. The Captains beat the Loons 6 to 5.

The highlight of the evening was the opening act. Mr. Robert Lippucci sang the National Anthem. Mr. Lippucci said he was a little nervous before he took the field. This fabulous tenor belted out a traditional version of the Anthem. No hip hop or jazzed up version Rob sang it the way it was written. His voice quivered a little in the very beginning but once he got into the song he belted it out like Rocco Scotti. I give my friend a ton of props it takes guts to go out in front of a large crowd filled with family and friends and sing solo one of the hardest songs to sing. Rob started out low so that he would have enough range to hit the high notes. A common mistake amongst singers of the National Anthem is they start out to high and they run out of voice when they get to the high notes.

When Mr. Lippucci finished a roar from the crowd went up and he received a standing ovation. I got a tear in my eye I was so proud of him. Rob says he will probably try again next year at a Captains game. I can't wait until he moves up to a CSU game, Cavs game or maybe even the Indians. I hope to get a chance to sing a duet with Rob when the Earls are in town playing in August. Keep your pipes warmed up because I will try and give you a run for your money. Congratulations Mr. Robert Lippucci you can scratch Singing the National Anthem at a ballpark off of your bucket list. Good Job.

1 comment: