Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Browns Vs Vikings 2009

Well here we are with a brand new season of the Cleveland Browns. Here are some of my thoughts about the whole Browns experience on game day.

The City of Cleveland needs to enact a law that says, any parking facility that charges $20.00 or more needs to supply 1 porta potty for every 35 spaces in their parking facility. The parking lots and this includes City owned and County owned lots are raping the people on game day. That's fine, it is capitalism at its best, supply and demand economics. But to pay $25.00 and have to smell urine from all of the people peeing between cars or in bushes because there are no bathroom facilities is disgusting. You can't expect people to come downtown and start tailgating at 9:00 AM and not have to relieve nature until they get into the stadium at 12:30. People are publicly urinating all over the parking lots. In the middle ages people did not have lavatory facilities and disease ran rampant. I park in a City of Cleveland Parking lot where the old Naval Reserve station was. I pay $25.00 to park and the closest bathroom is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. C'mon Cleveland lets be a little proactive on this issue. If anyone knows who I should contact on this issue at the City of Cleveland please let me know. I have written the Browns back in April about this very issue, obviously to no avail.

Well the what I like to call the Romeo Mangini era of Browns football has begun. Mangini was going to implement a tougher more disciplined form of football in Cleveland. I still see stupid penalties being made, wide receivers should never be called for off sides that's Romeo Ball. I see a discord between quarterback and receivers, QB's throwing out patterns and wide receivers running in patterns. Dropped passes all over the place, Edwards 1 for 6, Royal 3 for 7, yeash. Where is the discipline? I know it is just one game but it looked a lot like the past nine years.

I am no football genius but when the Browns get to the six yard line and Jamal Lewis smashes for three yards on first down leaving you second and three don't you try that play again in some form or another. Not Mangini, he has no confidence in his offense, he goes to his trick play and lines up in the "wildcat". OK try the "wildcat" once but once it was stuffed so bad don't you go back to regular football. Not our boy Eric he tries it a second time. As soon as I saw Cribs in the back field I started groaning, I knew that the play was going to be stopped. It had no chance of succeeding the first time why would you try it again. How about a role out where the QB can run or pass the ball. How about smashing Jamal Lewis off Tackle again, where he gained three yards before. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Brian Daboll offensive Coordinator could prove to be a problem.

All I have been hearing for two years is Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn, Brady Quinn. OK, OK enough already Brady Quinn is no Mark Sanchez. I was a Derek Anderson man myself, but in the preseason I admitted that the team seemed to run smoother with Quinn at QB. How is it that your starting Quarterback is not a captain on your team? The Quarterback needs to be your leader. Quinn does not look for the deep ball. Quinn is dinking and dunking, short passes. Good for a QB rating, terrible for winning games. The defense never got stretched out Sunday, they only had to cover 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. I believe only two balls were thrown and caught longer than 15 yards, disgusting. There were two other pass plays that netted more than 15 yards but they were short passes that Jamal and Furrey then turned into long gains with their running abilities. I heard one guy on the way out of the stadium yelling at people with Quinn jerseys on telling them to take him back to Notre Dame. A little harsh for this early in the season. Just remember that a lot of teams who needed QB's passed on Quinn on draft day.

After the first half of football I thought that the Moral Compass was going to have to eat crow, squawk. HA, Ha I don't have to, Rob Ryan's defense fell apart in the second half. Boy in the first half our defense looked all world, holding Adrien Peterson the best running back in the NFL to just 25 yards rushing, sacking Brett Favre with cornerback blitzes. Wow, I am impressed. But then in the second half Minnesota made some adjustments and the Browns defense made none. Yep the idiot son of Buddy Ryan showed his true self to the world. The Browns defense became the sieve that we have come to know and expect in Cleveland.

Look, I have been saying all along, "if Mangini wins I will love him but, he has done nothing so far to show me that he knows what he is doing". A rookie offensive coordinator, a losing defensive coordinator and a head coach that wants to be Bill Belicheck but does not have the brains. I am expecting a season for disaster. After seeing the first game I am still holding to my 6 and 10 prediction. I also predict that we will see some good football from the Browns but our coaching will end up blowing a few more games for us. Hey we all know the Cleveland Cheer "NEXT YEAR".

No comments:

Post a Comment