Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

I would like to wish my Mother and all of the Mothers in the world a happy Mothers day. I am so grateful that my mother was there to guide me, protect me and patch me up throughout my life. Mom was there to watch all of those Football, Basketball and worst of all Track meets that I was involved in. She carted me and my friends around to skating, tobogganing and camping. She allowed me to have parties with girls at the house. Mom pushed me into theatre in high school and college. She was a buffer between me and my father when we did not see eye to eye. She was always there when I had to have surgeries and was sick. She listened about my broken heart traumas and put up with girls that she probably knew were not right for me but tolerated them any way.

My Mom wasn't a modern Mom. She hit me with wooden spoons and ping pong paddles. She had a mean arm when she was throwing a shoe at you. She played catcher when she was younger and could throw a shoe that seemed to curve around corners to hit you. People today would call that type of action abuse. I called it Love and discipline. I am probably a better man because of it. Sometimes a kid just needs some discipline.

My Mother was always there when I got home from school and is still there today when I stop by unannounced. she is always willing to make some soup and sandwiches for lunch or pop some extra food in for dinner. She always welcomed my friends into our house no matter what.

Mom I want to thank you for all that you did for me. I know I wasn't the ideal child but I turned out OK because of you. I probably do not say it enough but I Love You. Happy Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment